WiC Events – East Anglia
Women into Construction East Anglia Employment Programme
WiC are working in partnership with Department of Work & Pensions, The Hill Group, Morgan Sindall Construction, Lovell and Clarion Futures to offer women in East Anglia an exciting programme of employment support for the region.
The programme, also supported by Anglia Ruskin University and Hays Recruitment, includes:
- Training and support to gain your Level 1 Health & Safety and CSCS card
- Three mentoring sessions with participating employers
- Two-week full time work placement with participating partners
- 1-2-1 WiC support including travel and childcare expenses.
To join the programme, which commences on 30th October, you must be aged 16+, resident in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
We are holding three information event and site visits across the region:
- Colney, Norwich: Tuesday 3rd October 2023 11am – 2pm
- King’s Lynn: Wednesday 4th October 2023 11am – 2pm
- Cambridge: Thursday 5th October 2023 11am – 2pm
To register for one of these events, please click here
WiC Events – Nationwide
Women into Home Building Programme
Join us on Tuesday 17th October 2023 at 11am for an online information session and virtual site visit about the Women into Home Building Programme, held in partnership with Home Builders Federation and nine major homebuilders – Barratt Developments, Bellway, Cala Group, The Hill Group, Keepmoat, Persimmon, Redrow, St.Modwen Homes and Vistry Group.
Open to women 18 years +*, the three week programme, commences in October and includes:
- Online Insight into Site Management Week – 5 days of online training to give you an insight into home building and the role of a site manager
- Two-week work placement in site-based location near you – shadowing the site management team.
- Full 1-2-1 WiC support, including childcare & transport costs whilst on placement.
To find out more and register please visit our dedicated programme page.
*please see programme page for further eligibility details