Project Coordinator – East Anglia
Role: Project Coordinator – East Anglia
Reporting to: Regional Lead
Contract hours per week: 3 days per week – flexible hours considered
Contract Duration: Fixed Term Contract
Company Overview: Women into Construction
Women into Construction is a not for profit organisation that supports women considering a career in the construction industry. We offer women advice, guidance and construction related training and work closely with the construction industry and other stakeholders to broker them into work placements and jobs. Our services positively impact the quality of life for women and their families and support the industry to become more diverse and successful. We have been working in London for the last 14 years and extended our services to Cambridgeshire in the last 3 years – we are now looking to expand that operation further into East Anglia.
Our people are key to our success, and we are now seeking an exceptional Project Coordinator to support our next phase of growth. We offer in return a work environment which is flexible, fast moving and supportive. If you are passionate about equality in the workplace, have the relevant skills and experience and are ready to be part of our exciting expansion of services that positively impact the lives of women we work with, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Role: WiC Project Coordinator
We are seeking an organised and detail-oriented person with excellent communication and coaching skills to assist us in delivering our services, working directly with our female participants.
You will coordinate the delivery of our pre-employment programmes in East Anglia – working with female participants to coach them through, IAG, training, work placements, and into jobs in the sector. You will be their point of contact throughout their time on one of our programmes and will offer information, advice and guidance throughout to ensure the women are supported across their time with WiC from their first engagement to 6-months in their new role.
The work will be both demanding and varied. A typical day might include coaching women on site, meeting with contractors to arrange work placements, delivering information events or organising training. You will have ownership over the delivery of engagement, IAG, employment support, work placement support and job brokerage for all of the women on our East Anglia programmes, reporting to and working with the region’s lead to meet our funder’s KPIs.
This will include, but is not limited to;
- Networking and maintaining relationships with referral partners, contractors, training organisations, labour agencies and other stakeholders
- Working with our comms team to promote the programmes and showcase our continued work across social media
- Presenting at local Job Centres to promote the programme to careers advisors and establish referral partnerships
- Arranging and attending both in-house and external events to promote the pre-employment programmes
- Providing information, advice and guidance to women interested in working in the construction industry
- Creating action plans of support for participants
- Arranging construction related training to equip women to enter the industry, supporting and tracking their progress throughout
- Overseeing, mentoring and coaching women on work placements and working proactively on creating job opportunities
- Delivering employment support, including CV writing, application and interview techniques to groups and/or individuals
- Monitoring outcomes through record keeping, developing case studies and reporting all deliverables to the region lead.
The Project Coordinator will have a working knowledge of the construction or a related industry and understand the challenges faced by women and / or minority groups working in these environments.
You will be a self-starter and remain motivated working alone. As this role is home based you must be comfortable that your support network from colleagues and the regional lead will mostly be on-line and on the phone.
You must be highly organised and reliable, with great project coordination skills. An effective communicator, with the ability to empower and motivate a diverse range of clients as well as communicate easily with contractors and stakeholders.
Reporting directly into the regional lead you will be confident at working independently and take responsibility for meeting agreed KPIs.
We need a person who will be able to work flexibly and travel to sites, events and meetings mostly within the East Anglia area, with occasional travel to London and attend meetings/events, occasionally outside office hours. You must have access to your own vehicle as regional travel will be required – fuel expenses will be offered.
- Relationship building – in order to create a network of support with various stakeholders to open up opportunities for women to gain employment in construction
- Analytical skills – ability to map clients’ skills to careers in construction and arrange suitable training
- Confident and competent to encourage, motivate and coach a diverse group of women to advance their career within the industry
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task various projects simultaneously
- IT Literate and to use those skills to maintain and update records for progress reporting and developing case studies
- Time and diary management
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to get their point across succinctly
- Experience of working in an environment assessed by performance measures and meeting key targets/milestones
- Experience of writing clear and accurate reports and presentations and the ability to communicate with site operatives and other stakeholders
- Experience in construction recruitment or in a careers advisor/coach position preferred, but not essential.
WiC values diversity, equality and fairness and seeks to develop a diverse team. We welcome applications from anyone committed to our values and vision for the construction industry. Please inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might require to enable to you attend your interview.
- Work from home
- Pension Scheme
Applications & Closing Date
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter, highlighting your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 22/07/22 at 17.00. Interviews will take place in Cambridge on 28/07/22.